Friday, October 3, 2008

Marais, the Bucket in Damier

Aside from the small leather goods there isn't a lot of styles in the classic Monogram available in Damier. There's the Speedy (in 25, 30 and the recently released 35), Alma, Sac Plat, Papillon (in 26 and 30), Pochette Bosphore and my little cutie pie, the Marais (known as Bucket in Monogram).

The Marais is the very first Louis Vuitton my husband gave me. It was Valentine's Day of 2004. I can't exactly remember what drew me to the style, but I know I loved the shape and the fact that it came with a little pochette. The orange microfiber lining added charm and a touch of luxury because it simulates suede. And anyone familiar with this water-repellent fabric knows how easy it is to clean!

Now four years old, I still love it and use it if I want to be a little bit more organized. I've found that the bigger the bag the more junk you put in there. And also because of the tanned leather present in all Damier pieces it doesn't show much age. If you're not as careful with your bags as you want to be this is a purse I would recommend, because it has feet to protect the bottom. The pochette holds your makeup or anything that could spill (ie, perfume) or stain (ie, pens).

The Marais is a permanent piece from the Damier collection and is available at your local boutique, eLuxury and vuitton.com for $1040.

Do you have the Marais? Love it? Hate it? Would you recommend it? We all want to know! :)

No comments: